Tuesday, April 14, 2015

BBQ

Do you ever find yourself thinking of someone or something, out of the blue? Does something ever take you back to a moment in time? It happens quite often to me, I could list countless moments, things or places that flood my mind with memories.  

A while back a friend taught me how to make the most tender pulled pork. Aside from the amazing taste, making it is so easy. So it’s a win-win for sure.

I was a little shocked when Baby M first tried BBQ.
I was shocked because she devoured her plate full and asked for more.
If you know Baby M, you know she’s a picky eater and meat is her least favorite food. So when she actually liked the BBQ I was almost in tears rejoicing!

The other night I made BBQ and Baby M kept rubbing her belly and saying, “mmmmm…. mmmmm…”

I’m not sure why, but the thought never crossed my mind, until this night, this particular meal, this plate full of BBQ for Baby M. When I met Baby M’s birth mom, she was working at the most adorable downtown restaurant. She often told me about her meals she would eat while at work and she usually picked that restaurant for us to eat lunch at. She loved BBQ and hated most other meats and is the picky eater queen. The restaurant boasted some of the best BBQ in Mississippi. 

I knew Baby M would have her features, her nose, her smile, her attitude, her strong will and even her love of BBQ. 

I'm forever grateful for these moments and my memories I'll carry with me always. 

Three cheers for BBQ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment