Monday, March 30, 2015

The Bennett Family

I know it’s been a while since I’ve written a post, to say our life is busy, is truly an understatement. I can’t believe we’re about to step into April, I’m still trying to write 2015, instead of 2014.

This year has been a year of surprises to say the least and while I know God has a reason for every storm, it never makes the moments less scary.
Today, I’m going to share a little about a wonderful family. This family and another family really brought the best out of Cody and I. Without a doubt, they really did help us through our first years of marriage and we’re forever grateful for their guidance, love and support.  

We have had the privilege of attending the same church for over 10 years. Through those 10 years we’ve met some of the most incredible people, enjoyed way too many calories and are forever grateful for the lifelong friendships we have. When C and I were in our early 20’s, we started working in the youth group. Our youth group was full of so many different teenagers and we loved it. I knew God wanted to use C and I to connect with these kiddos, but I never knew 10 years later they’d actually still think we were halfway cool, crazy right? In the years as youth leaders, a couple teens seemed to always flock to the Rodgers peeps, they became more and more like family.  

One of the craziest, most humorous and slightly inappropriate teens we’ve had the privilege of knowing and watching grow is our dearest Aaron.  I tried to think of a word to describe him and I can’t find one appropriate suitable for this blog post, but I’m sure I’ll think of one. He has two of the greatest siblings, a superstar athlete and the kindest, most adorable sister. I like to call her the baby whisperer because I’ve yet to meet any kiddo that doesn’t love Kirstie. Then you have Aaron’s parents, Lynette and Chris, who work so well together and who should have gray hair from dealing with Aaron, but somehow look fabulous.

This family means so much to C and I for so many reasons. They know our story and still love us unconditionally. Chris taught me how to make the best pulled pork, Lynette stocked Baby M’s closet for a year, I promise it took me 20 minutes to open her gift alone at our shower. These two are some of the most generous human beings to walk this earth. I’ve personally had the pleasure of serving alongside these two and I’ve witnessed & been a recipient of their generosity.  

A week ago, life changed for this family in so many ways. While working, Chris was injured, falling 20 feet from a roof.  Chris suffered many broken bones and a skull fracture. I’m sharing this story for 3 reasons.

Pray
Pray for a full recovery and for peace for his family.

Help
As a sole provider for his family, Chris will be out of work for sometime while he recovers. If you’re able, any amount is greatly appreciated.
 http://www.gofundme.com/chrisbennett

Share! Share! Share!
By sharing their story and their Go Fund Me page, imagine how many prayers and support the family can receive? Your support is needed and appreciate! 
Thank you for reading about our dear friends and thank you for your support.
I’m believing and praying for a full recovery for Chris.


Much love,  

Mercedes 

No comments:

Post a Comment